The Girder-Slab® System
The Girder-Slab® System combines the advantages of structural steel and flat plate concrete.
With over 100 completed projects throughtout North America, The Girder-Slab® System has been accepted by industry design and construction professionals as an efficient, cost saving, approach to multi-story residential building applications.
Design Guide v3.1 LRFD
D-Beam® Calculator Reference Tool
End Use License Agreement For Girder-Slab Technologies, LLC Design Tool
COPYRIGHT GIRDER-SLAB TECHNOLOGIES, LLC 2015
There is no charge for the Design Professional to use this Design Tool, however:
Read carefully: This End-User License Agreement ("EULA") is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Girder-Slab Technologies, LLC (GST). For the use of, and associated documentation that accompanies this EULA.
You agree to be bound by the terms of this EULA by downloading, installing, copying, or otherwise accessing or using the design tool. Your acceptance of all of the terms and conditions of this EULA is a condition to the grant of license below. This EULA represents the entire set of terms and conditions governing your use of the design tool.
- GRANT OF LICENSE: As and for so long as you comply with all of the terms of this EULA, GST grants you the non-exclusive right to (a) install and use one copy of the Design Tool and (b) use the documentation that accompanies the Design Tool for internal, non-commercial reference purposes only.
You also agree to include all GST specifications and distribution requirements currently published in the Girder-Slab Technologies LLC Design Guide in your general notes or project specifications. These specifications are also available on www.girder-slab.com under the tab "Design Team Resources." GST issues an approved project identification which is required to be placed on all erection plans and D-Beam(r) shop drawings.
GST retains all rights not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Design Tool is licensed, not sold.
REGISTRATION: You acknowledge that registration is required in order for you and your company to utilize the full benefits of the Design Tool.
- LIMITATIONS ON REVERSE ENGINEERING: You may not decode, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, or otherwise translate the Design Tool mathematics.
- TERMINATION: If you breach the terms and conditions of this EULA, GST may terminate this EULA without prejudicing any of its other rights.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: GST warrants that (i) the Design Tool will perform substantially in accordance with the functional specifications; and (ii) the media on which the Design Tool as formatted meets generally accepted industry standards. THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AT LAW. It is understood that GST is not responsible for your use of the Design Tool or the results from such use. It is further understood that there may be errors or omissions in the information contained in the Design Tool, that the information contained may not be current or complete and that defects in hardware or software may prevent you from gaining access to the mathematics.
- DISCLAIMER: This Design Tool is a reference tool only and its use should be supervised by a Registered Professional Structural Engineer for determining whether the Girder Slab System is appropriate for a particular project. The Design Tool is solely for the purpose of convenience in quick selection of appropriate D-Beam sizes and not to be used for final design. GST makes no representations to the validity, accuracy or correctness of the data represented in this Design Tool. The user takes all responsibility for any and all calculations associated with a final design.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS: In no event shall GST be liable for any damages, whether in contract or tort (including negligence), including but not limited to direct, consequential, special, exemplary, incidental and indirect damages, arising out of, or in connection with this EULA or the use, the results of use, or the inability to use the Design Tool; and you further agree to indemnify and hold harmless GST from, and against any damage claims raised by others as a result of your use or misuse of the Design Tool.
- QUESTIONS: Should you have any questions regarding this EULA, please contact Girder-Slab Technologies, LLC at 888-478-1100.
Girder-Slab® System Specification Guide
- The open web Dissymmetric Beam shall be fabricated from (ASTM A992/A572 Grade 50) standard steel wide flange sections with flat bar at top-flange and shall meet AISC standards (except for depth, tolerance ± 1/8"), unpainted unless specified. The open web Dissymmetric Beam can be specified to include camber. Cambering can be built in during assembly of the girder.
- If the structural engineer of record determines that shoring of the pre-composite assembly is needed, leave in place until grout attains required strength.
- Precast prestressed concrete hollow core slab units (min. 5000 PSI) shall be in 4 or 8 foot widths and shall meet PCI standards and tolerances, 2" min. bearing unless specified otherwise.
- Reinforcing steel (ASTM A615 Grade 60) shall be placed through the Dissymmetric Beam web openings and into slab cores.
- Cementitious grout (min. 4,000 PSI) shall be placed monolithically around and through the Dissymmetric Beam web openings and into slab cores. When concrete topping is used, attain specified strength of grout prior to placement.
- The Girder-Slab System shall be constructed in accordance with Underwriters Laboratories Inc., Floor-Ceiling Assembly Design No. K912 in order to meet fire classification standards and ratings set forth by BOCA and ICC codes.
Please Add to Your General Notes
- The Girder-Slab® System and D-Beam® Girders shall be provided by steel fabricators authorized by Girder-Slab Technologies LLC of NJ in conformance with its Design-Guide & Distribution requirements. Steel Fabricator/Distributor contact information: 1-888-478-1100 or www.girder-slab.com.
- The supplier of the Girder-Slab System shall provide to the Project Owner (or its representative) a Girder-Slab Compliance Certificate for each project upon completion of system assembly and construction.
Comply with all applicable provisions of the following standards and codes:
- Girder-Slab Technologies LLC Design-Guide
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Precast Concrete Institute (PCI)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL) - Fire Resistance Directory UL K912
- Building Officials and Code Administrators International Inc. (BOCA) - National Building Code
- International Code Council Inc. (ICC) - International Building Code
- Other applicable codes and standards